Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Kudos to Me

My health coach, Velma, told me a few weeks ago that I should be my own cheerleader because if I wait for other people to give me praise, even if it is well deserved, I might be waiting forever. Part of my journey, in the past year and even since the first of this year, has been realizing that. It's okay to praise myself when I've worked hard. It's okay to celebrate my victories. And it is certainly okay to splurge on myself with both time and money when something as important as my health is concerned and that is what I did with my commitment to train three times a week with Josh for the next year. I realized that I could not have made such great progress without his help. He's humble about it. He says he's just a motivator but the training is much more than that. I know there is lots of science and lots of knowledge and experience behind those workouts. Otherwise, I don't think I could have done this:

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...