Thursday, January 3, 2019

Little Bites

I spoke with my health coach, Velma, yesterday. She’s always encouraging and inspiring. She pointed out something I hadn’t realized, in 2018, I lost over 32 pounds! I always gain insight during our coaching sessions and yesterday was no exception. I realized something that I think may end up being totally life changing. For years, really for my entire life, I’ve been a list maker. Lists can help keep you organized and focused but for me they just don’t work. The main reason for their failure is that I expect too much from myself. I make long lists of tasks I need to do during a day and then at the end of the day, I feel like I’ve failed if every box is not checked off. Yesterday, I spoke about doing one little thing that seemed impossible every day. If I break my big impossible tasks down to small doable bits, I will most likely start to make real progress. Expecting too much from myself hasn’t worked but expecting a little at a time may just start moving me quickly toward all of those goals I’ve set for 2019!

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...