Friday, January 4, 2019

Breath


This is what I see every morning as I walk across the field road to go feed my horses. I have four but those two , mother and son, are always standing together under that tree waiting impatiently on me. I don’t always recognize the beauty in that because most of the time my mind is dwelling on all the tasks I need to do today, worrying and planning for the future or mourning the past. How sad for me, how sad for all of us. I think this is a common human condition. We romanticize the past, we dream about the future and we constantly feel overwhelmed in the now, so much so that it blinds us to the blessings right in front of us. Let’s all make a new year resolution for 2019, to be more present in our own lives, to take off that blindfold of worry and truly appreciate each moment of our lives. We don’t always have to be taking action, we can stand back and just admire what is now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...