Thursday, January 24, 2019

An Emergency Situation

I belong to a site that sends me daily health challenges. Today’s challenge was to learn about medical emergencies and when to visit the ER. Despite my hazardous record, I have managed to stay out of the ER for nearly a year now! That has to be a record for me and I’m crossing both fingers and toes in hope that the streak continues. What can I say, I’m accident prone. Those accidents take me to the ER only if I need stitches or there is the chance of concussion. I’ve also gone to the emergency room when I was having chest pains which luckily turned out to be chest infection not my heart. But, even though I might appear to be an expert via experience, I plan to read this article (https://medlineplus.gov/ency/patientinstructions/000593.htm ) because as I get older, whether an ailment or injury is nothing or serious is becoming more questionable. 

I’m already seeing improvements from joining the gym and working out with Josh. I accused him of trying to kill me during this past Tuesday’s workout and I’m still very sore but that means it’s working. And my weight is down a few more pounds. It’s falling off slower now but I’m still excited because I’m almost into another “decade.” It will be amazing to see that second digit change again. And then, on to another ten pound goal! Git ‘er gone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...