Sunday, January 27, 2019

Other Ventures, Same Destination

As those who have been reading my posts for awhile know, this page is not just about fitness or health or even aging. It concerns all aspects of my life as I keep learning, growing and improving. I'm in the process of finally completing long awaited improvements and repairs to our home. I won't go into the details about that but it truly matters in the larger scheme of things because, as I check off these "burdens" I've been carrying around for so long, I truly feel that I will be more active and centered which will benefit my fitness and health, I will be far more creative which will further my work and career and I will just have a more balanced life overall.
So, what does that have to do with the image I've included with this post and my activity today? Well, instead of the cleaning I promised to do, I've been doing sketches of the house, searching on Pinterest and looking up copyright free images of patents because I want to print and frame them. This one, a patent for a toy horse dated October 31, 1886 (I think, that part is blurred) will be framed and hung in my office. When I finish the office...well, really after I finish the house, I will start posting about the individual rooms and projects on my blog and probably a little bit here. So, remember this print and hopefully, before the year is out, you will see it framed and hanging alongside some great art I've collected and been given by artist friends over the years on my office walls. One great thing about being older, we've had longer to accumulate treasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...