Monday, October 29, 2018

Day 147 & Day 6 on Keto

The weight is back down but I’m still less than half a pound away from seeing that magic number on the scale. I’ve never told anyone how much I actually weigh because I was ashamed of the number. I will tell you today because I think I’m very close to breaking through to the other side. I weigh over 200 pounds and I haven’t been below that number in at least eight years. I’ve tried and I’ve seriously worked at the exercise and diet but all 199 ever did was tease me. At my highest weight I was 116 and that was where I sat at the first of this year. Since this past April, I’ve lost nearly 16 pounds. Twelve of those pounds took six long months to disappear. The last 4 were gone in the past six days thanks to this Keto diet. So, in case you haven’t already done the math in your head, I weighed in at 200.4 this morning. I’m so anticipating seeing 199 that I’m almost giddy. I’m not quite as giddy as Sunday morning when I stepped on the scale expecting to be celebrating and saw a three pound gain (caused, I’m sure, by eating 3 large kosher dills and some pickle juice the day before.) But I know I will see that number and hopefully less before this week is over. Today, I’ll measure myself and a week from now, I can see how those numbers are doing. I’m already seeing a difference in how my clothes fit. I’m still sleeping well most nights. And I’m doing 12 minutes of focused exercise a day. I realize that doesn’t sound like a lot but I’m not making the mistake of breaking out of the starting gate at a full gallop. I’ve already tried that approach and I breakdown quickly. The old gray mare is no longer a runner but she is a trotter and trotters cross the finish line, too....and while pulling a buggy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...