Monday, October 29, 2018

The Diet

What does a typical day’s meal plan look like on the Keto diet? Well, there are no grain or flour products, no starchy fruits or vegetables,  no sugar in any form and you have to check labels carefully to avoid hidden sugars and starches. The adjustment is not easy especially when you visit the grocery store and all its temptations or a restaurant with its very limited options. But the rewards in how you almost immediately feel better, your energy increases, your weight decreases and your mood is elevated, are worth the initial growing pains. Tomorrow, I will have been on the diet for a week and even though I’m still learning how to live with an entirely different set of nutrition rules, I do not have the tiniest desire to quit. I’m making progress, I’m seeing changes and I’m anticipating more triumphs. 


This is what I eat on a typical day:


Breakfast 


2 slices of Benton’s bacon

2 eggs

Small tomato

Bombproof coffee (has a pat of butter added)


Lunch


Chicken breast (about 1/3 cup cooked & chopped)

Ranch dressing 1 Tb. 

Half an avocado

Large lettuce leaf (everything is wrapped in this like a burrito)


Dinner


Roasted pork chop that has been “breaded” with crushed pork rinds and roasted in the oven

Mashed, riced or roasted cauliflower

Small Romain salad with cucumber, tomato and acceptable dressing (ranch, Greek or vinaigrette)


Snacks


Fat bombs


Savory made with avocado, bacon and seasoning 


Sweet made with cream cheese, monk fruit and a combo of a couple of these berries, walnuts, coconut or cocoa with natural, sugar free flavoring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...