Saturday, October 27, 2018

Day 145 & Day 4 of Keto



I’m down 4 pounds! Yippee!!!

I’m also starting to feel the energy. So far, no side effects. I have been occasionally nauseous but I think that has more to do with the antibiotics I’m taking. I feel better than I’ve felt in a very long time. Wish I’d started the Keto diet long ago. I’ve had a few naysayers and I can understand that; I said to my health coach, Velma, last week, “This goes against everything we’ve been taught about nutrition and healthy eating. Is there any danger of this raising my cholesterol?” She laughed and said, “No Honey, you don’t have to worry about that. Once you enter ketosis, your body will be burning all of that fat.” So, Velma is on board, my doc/np, Janice is on board and my friend Yvonne messaged me to say she’s been on Keto for two weeks and has never felt better. I’ll leave it to her to share the details of her journey if she wants but if I feel this good already, I bet I’m going to have the same response in ten more days. Even my mood is elevated and my energy.....yay!!!!

Photo: this morning’s breakfast, left over from last nights dinner egg foo yung topped with cheddar cheese and sautéed peppers with bacon and bombproof coffee(not pictured.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...