Saturday, October 27, 2018

A note on this Keto diet:

I’m loving this Keto diet! I was concerned at first about consuming all of that fat. I asked both my doctor and health coach about the possibility of raising cholesterol. I told them, this diet goes against everything we’ve been taught about nutrition and health. In fact, if you think about it, it turns the traditional food pyramid upside down. BUT, I was assured by both doctor and health coach that my cholesterol would not go up and might actually go down because ketosis is much more efficient at making energy by burning fat, including all of that stored fat. I’ve also been told by friends who are on this diet that my energy will increase and I’ll feel better. I’ve only been on it four days and I already feel better than I have in ages and I’ve lost four pounds! Some have said they don’t eat red meat; I don’t eat a lot of red meat either. I’m getting my protein mainly from chicken, fish and eggs and my fat from avocados, olive oil, cream cheese and butter. I know you’re saying, still too soon to tell but I’m really happy with the changes I’m seeing so far. Steve says I’m happier because I’m not putting that poison called sugar into my system. I think I agree. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...