Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Day 106/action day 5

Back to those habits. I actually installed an app on my phone to keep on track. I’m reminded to:

1) keep my diet journal (I can tell the difference when I don’t do this accountability task.)

2) take my pills. I actually just bought a little box to keep track. 

3) give Bodie his supplements

4) walk Bodie. I don’t really have to be reminded of this but reminders keep me from putting this off until it’s late and I’m tired. 

5) exercise. I’m great at postponing this, another habit I need to break and another to set in stone. I’m starting with 15-17 minutes with weights three times a week. 

6) brush my teeth after EVERY meal. This one isn’t just for oral hygiene but also to signal that the meal is done. Keeps me from grazing. 

7) horses. Just horses for now. It means I’m going to move beyond just feeding and watering and start enjoying them again. Just horses because I’ll start with just grooming daily and work toward riding again. 

Eight) House. If I don’t write eight, I get an emoji in sunglasses šŸ˜Ž lol.  Accomplish something everyday. It doesn’t matter how small. 


I will be adding other things soon but for now, it’s these eight. 


What got me back on track?....seeing myself in a full length mirror in the bathroom at the doctor’s office yesterday. I had a very sudden leap from denial to reality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...