Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Day 105/day 4 of actions:


Yesterday was slow even for a Monday. I had my coaching call from Velma. She did her best to reassure me that I’m making progress... even though I’m still struggling to accomplish my weekly goals. I didn’t do my 15 minutes of dance but I did do the weights and walked the dog. So, I guess that was my action for the day. Today, I’m driving a friend to an afternoon doctor’s appointment and taking her to lunch before. 

Honesty time, I really don’t mind helping my friend out. She no longer drives and I know it is difficult for her to find rides for her many appointments. I do however feel a bit used sometimes because I often feel she doesn’t try to find another ride because she likes the fact I take her out to eat. She did go several months without asking me to drive her but once she started asking again, it seems she can’t find a ride anywhere but with me. She’ll know about appointments at least a month ahead and still wait until the last minute to find someone to drive her. Then she calls me because she knows, no matter what else I have to do, I always say, yes. I discussed this with Velma and she told me that doing the occasional favor was okay but I’m not a taxi service and I need to start saying no, I have plans. I told her I’d tried that twice when we were putting up hay and she got upset so I ended up taking her anyway even though it put me in a terrible time pinch. She’s even wanted me to rearrange my appointments to accommodate hers. Like I said, there was a long period of time, several months, when she found another ride but I think that was because she realized I was getting frustrated. Now, she had me drive her last week when we were working in hay and then called the next day to ask me to drive her today saying she couldn’t get in touch with anyone else. Velma said I should just tell her no and if she gets upset, that’s her problem. I feel like a terrible person if I don’t help her but I also get frustrated that she doesn’t seem to care that I have other obligations, too. So, honesty time on your part, what do you all think I should do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...