Thursday, May 31, 2018

Day 28

Day 27 was an off day. I guess we all have those occasionally but wouldn't think I'd be having one after nearly two unproductive weeks. It was gray and rainy and I curled up for most of the day reading and watching a movie. It was a Wednesday for heavens sake! Too late to scold myself now. I did accomplish quite a bit on day 25 but that hardly makes up for it. Still today may be different, I have lots of plans so let's see how this goes.
The dense foam roller that I ordered for my back arrived yesterday. Can't wait to try it out. I've always been bothered with pain in the thoracic region of my back. I was told years ago, at least forty(!), that I have a damaged disc there. It aches constantly and causes extremely painful muscle spasms especially when I'm doing something that involves a lot of reaching over my head....as in painting walls and ceilings....yikes! I read on a physical therapist site that using a foam roller was the best exercise you could do for this problem. It doesn't look easy, rolling from your neck to lower back, so I hope I'm up to the task. It will be wonderful to get some relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...