Friday, May 18, 2018

Day 15

Yesterday, was a day of running and it wouldn’t have been so rushed if I’d gotten an earlier start. Working with the horses by 6a.m. is my goal every day but so far, I’m lucky to make it over by 9:30 and then it’s already too hot. I don’t function well in the heat. That is because of both my age, post menopausal women tend to have higher thermostats, and also because I was diagnosed with malignant melanoma years ago which requires me to wear long sleeves all year. So, it is essential that I get an early start if I plan any outdoor activity. Why haven’t I accomplished this yet? The answer is lack of sleep or restless sleep. If I would stop waking up at 1 a.m., I might accomplish more. I am working on that. 
As for the new leaf I turned over with my diet, it’s another major fail. I started off great on Monday and then ended up ordering pizza for dinner. The good news, one of my trips yesterday was to the Amish farmers market where I bought not only lots of plants for our garden but lots of healthy fresh vegetables. The bad news, I also stopped at Ingles where I picked up supplies for making homemade pastries and also lots of frozen bread products I usually wouldn’t buy....but they were on sale. 
I haven’t been as successful this week at accomplishing my goals but this is an ongoing process. And I still have 350 days left to get it right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...