Sunday, May 6, 2018

Day 04

Did I accomplish everything I'd planned to do this weekend?.....No but I did accomplish a lot. I made a great start, finished some tasks and made progress on others. The best thing that happened though occurred yesterday evening right after I took my dog for a walk. Usually, during our walks, I'm not noticing anything because I'm running over and over all the things I need to do. Yesterday, I paused a few times to actually look around and realized how blessed I am to live here on this farm surrounded by so much natural beauty. At first, it was actually difficult to tear myself away from my obsessive thoughts but the further we walked, the more I saw and appreciated. I noticed how the light from the setting sun, as it reflected through the leaves of trees in the woods, turned the sky to liquid gold. It was so beautiful and it made me ponder how much time I waste thinking about things I've yet to do when there is so much life in the moment. Later, I walked outside just as the day was waining. There was a sweet, cool breeze blowing that felt like silk on my skin and the birds were singing in the trees. What a perfect time to sit outside for a while before the mosquitos and humidity become unbearably heavy. We haven't done that in so long. It seems as if, for years...maybe even decades...., we are too busy to really live. So, I'm inspired. Tomorrow, I'm running errands and one of those will be to buy new lawn chairs so we can take a few minutes each day to feel gratitude and awe for all that is free for the taking in this wonderful world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...