Monday, May 7, 2018

Day 05

I did a lot of running today. I took a truckload of stuff to KARM (Knox Area Rescue Mission.) with all of the cleaning and thinning out I’m doing, I may have several more boxes of donated items to take next week. Four other vehicles came in while I was there so everyone must be Spring cleaning. 
After KARM, I stopped at the grocery store and made a Costco run. Unfortunately, it seems like I hurt myself lifting a heavy case from the bottom of the buggy into the back of the truck. I twisted funny and something popped. Then it hurt. I’m hoping it’s just temporary. I haven’t finished unloading the truck yet. All I lack are the heavy case and a huge bag of dog food. Steve can carry those in when he gets home. 
I’m currently in bed after taking some Tylenol and hoping this eases up. We have pasture so the horses should be fine if I don’t make it over. 
But enough whining about how I’m abusing my old bod; something else significant happened today. I had an epiphany prompted by a church sign. It said: Base your future on your hopes not your hurts. That really struck home. I’ve been spending too much time contemplating the words and actions of a person who’s been a thorn in my side for years. This just slows down my progress and makes me blue. I have to learn to let things go. Whatever the motivation of those who seem set on destroying our self esteem, it’s their problem. They can only accomplish their goal if I let them. So, now is the time to work on pleasing myself and forget them. Next time they’re nasty, I’m going to picture their words and/or actions as balloons that are lifting them up where they want to be, above me and I’m going to stick a pin in it. Then, I’ll just smile as I imagine them plummeting to earth. How’s that for a healthier, stronger self esteem? šŸ˜

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...