Friday, April 19, 2019

The Four Day Diet

Yes, I confess, I’m reading another diet book, The Four Day Diet. 

I haven’t gotten to the diet yet but I can already tell this one is different. The author starts off by saying that weight loss is 80% mental and only 20% physical. He says this book is more about the psychology of weight loss. He asks several questions:


Why are you currently overweight?


Why have previous weight loss efforts failed?


How does your weight influence your self esteem and self image?


What are your strengths related to sticking to a weight loss program?


What are your weaknesses related to sticking to a weight loss program?


Without weighing yourself or looking at a BMI chart, how many pounds away do you think you are from your target weight?


Some of these questions, I’ve been considering for months and I’ve discovered much about myself but I know that it’s more difficult to come up with answers for others. I’m going to give them some more thought and I’ll try to share my answers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...