Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Intermittent Fasting

Okay, intermittent fasting works! I’m still not doing the seventeen hours Jay suggested but I make certain I put at least twelve hours between the last meal of one day and the first meal of the next. I’m still trying to eat as cleanly as possible and I’m avoiding processed sugar, starchy vegetables and all but whole grains. My protein sources are, most often, either chicken breasts, fish (last night was Salmon roasted in the oven) or tonight’s choice, beans (cannalini cooked with onions, garlic and bell peppers with Rotel tomatoes and peppers added after they are cooked- - otherwise the acidic tomatoes cause the beans to be tough). I also plan to cook either black or purple rice to go with the beans, which is a favorite of Steve’s, and have sautéed yellow squash and a cucumber-onion salad on the side. I’m eating heartily and still losing weight. Since I started fasting last Thursday, I’ve lost nearly five pounds, 4.8! I’m getting very close to dropping into another decade. Yay! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...