Friday, March 15, 2019

Day 74

Wow, this year is moving right along and I feel like I’m trailing behind. It feels like Spring here. We’ve had so much rain lately that everything seems to be covered in mud but today is looking great with blue skies and the forecast for the next week is dry. So, despite the fact that I’ve accomplished little of what I’d hoped to do during the winter months, I’m feeling great about where I’m at. 


Both my health coach, Velma, and my therapist, Tamala, (yes, I know I seem to need a lot of help, lol, but I’m very grateful to have both of their support And guidance) have told me that I should concentrate on my health right now and the other things will fall into place in time. I think they realize that I need ultra focus, at least at the beginning of a project, and this project being me. I do admit to being a wee bit OCD...some days a lot more than others. 


Yesterday, I was feeling miserable because I’d been having back pain that had kept me up for the last two days. I’d thought I wasn’t going to be able to make my workout with Josh and even when I realized I was going to have the time, I was tempted to skip. But I decided to push through the fatigue and pain and I’m so happy I did because I left our session feeling energized. I then went on, after dinner, to a yoga class my niece teaches and I ended my day on a very good note. 


I’m still working on my diet. I know I ate too much fruit yesterday, three bananas, an apple and a mandarin orange, but I really felt I needed the energy boost. Not only do I think I should listen to my body and what I instinctively know it needs but if I need that sugar boost to get me through, isn’t it much better to get it from fruit than junk food? Maybe I’m justifying my food choices but I think fruit is a much better choice on many levels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...