Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Grief


Some will say that loss is just a natural part of aging, the natural course of life.  Some say, you just have to learn to deal with it, accept it. But grief to me is more like standing before the expanse of a large lake shore. The waters hold all the loss and as it washes toward shore it covers you in a wave of grief and pain. Sometimes, that pain is just because you miss one person and sometimes it is for them all, for all the grief you keep buried deep in your soul that the water floats to the surface. You can be going about your day when one little reminder brings out a memory and sets the grief free. So, I don’t think we learn to deal with loss and we certainly don’t ever get over it. We simply endure it and brace ourselves for those unexpected waves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...