Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Declaration

I'm going to do something I've not had the courage to do before, I'm revealing my starting weight and where I'm at now. I started at a little over 216 pounds. Today, I'm down to 181. Yes, that is still high and I've been wavering over that second digit drop to 7 for several weeks now. But Velma told me yesterday, "You never thought you'd be under 200 and when you got in the 190's, you celebrated. Then you never thought you'd be in the 180's (Me-haven't been that low in at least 14 years! ) but you got there! And you are going to drop under 180 soon and then before you know it, you will drop below 170. Before you know it, you will be at your goal weight of 136." Velma is my cheerleader, my motivator and I have ever faith in her sense that I can do this. So, 181 is still very over weight but I'm no longer obese! And that scale is not a good measure of the progress I'm making with my fitness. Still, I'm very happy to be here. I feel so much better than I did 35 pounds ago. I'm not only stronger and more energetic, I'm more limber and lots of my hip and back pain have disappeared. So, I have forty-five more pounds to lose to reach my goal weight. Who knows, I might find another weight that I'm just as comfortable with before I get there but this is one trip that is all about the journey and not the destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...