Monday, January 14, 2019

Problems and Possibilities 


I’m feeling a little under the weather today. Why? Because I’ve made quite a few mistakes with my diet in the past month, I think I fell out of ketosis and my body is trying to get back there now. So, Keto flu has left me achy, queasy and a little grumpy...although that last thing probably has little to do with the diet. Lol 

I have not lost an ounce of weight since December 22 (my two month mark.) I thought I was doing good keeping my fat, protein and carbs in proper balance but I was failing to read the labels on some packaged foods. A lemonade powder I was adding to water several times a day actually contained a lot of sugar and a days worth of carbs in one packet! I guess I fell for that “all natural” deception. Then there is the pimento cheese I thought was safe. I was eating it for lunch daily for at least two weeks straight. Since the avocados I picked up yesterday still need to ripen, I thought I’d pick up packaged guacamole but the store didn’t have any. I spotted the pimento cheese and got excited until I read the label...something I’m finally learning to do. The first ingredient was cheese but the second and third were potato and corn starch! I checked other brands and that was true of all of them. I’m going to have to start making my dips and dressings from scratch. So who has a great ranch dressing recipe?

My coaching call with my health advocate, Velma, is Wednesday. I don’t have a great report for her with my weight, up two pounds, or my measurements, lost in hips, arms and thighs but up slightly in my stomach and waist. I do have an explanation for the weight gain and I’m working to correct the problems in my diet. And I think she will be thrilled to hear I’ve joined a gym and I’m working out under Josh’s guidance three times a week. I think it’s the three workouts I’ve had so far that have caused the change in my arms. My arms are the one thing I’ve wanted most to change (I know I’m weird) and the one part of my body that has shown no change until now. My thigh measurement has changed little also so that little quarter inch is significant. 

I think I’m on my way to getting this weight loss train back on track and this emphasis on fitness and health is already benefiting me in many other parts of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...