Sunday, December 23, 2018

New Life

Two months on the Keto diet and I’ve lost 22 pounds. I’ve felt as if my real body was buried underneath almost an armor of fat for a very long time. I was hiding away. I felt overwhelmed and at battle with myself, my own self discouraging mentality and life in general. Food offered me comfort and I accepted the weight gain as not only inevitable but as impossible to control. Now, as the weight comes off, I feel empowered.  I’m taking control again. I’m losing clutter in my home and in my mind. I feel enthusiasm and I feel energized by new or maybe better said, renewed possibilities. I’m more comfortable in my own skin and have bravely posted photos of my face bare of makeup, a state very few have seen since I was fourteen. Yes, it’s only twenty two pounds I’ve shed and I still have twice that amount left to lose but I feel as if I’ve let go of so much more. And as I freed my heart and mind of those often overwhelming burdens, I have embraced life again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...