Friday, December 28, 2018

Cheese and Bacon Cloud Bread Buns

Sorry for the long delay in posting. I’ll blame it on the holidays. 

Today started well. I spent most of the morning with my horses attempting to finally conquer the cockle burrs in their manes and tails. Surprisingly, my “bad boy”, Danny was the best behaved. I was able to clear both his mane and tail of burrs and he received extra treats with his supper. 

Tonight for our dinner, I plan to make roast beef sandwiches. “What?” You day, “sandwich buns certainly aren’t Keto friendly!” That is true but I tried my hand at cloud bread for the first time. Those are photos of them going in the oven and coming out. The recipe was my own invention, a mishmash of others I’d seen, and I haven’t tasted them yet but look wise, they look good. 






Here’s my recipe:


Cheese and Bacon Cloud Bread Buns 


Parmesan (shredded) I only had half of a quarter cup so I mixed with almond flour to make 1/2 cup


1cup mozzarella shredded


Fried crumbled bacon (maybe 3 slices thin)


2 large eggs separated 


Pinch of baking powder


Froth egg whites then beat in yolks stir in parm/flour mixture with pinch of baking soda added. Fold in mozzarella and bacon quarter cup at a time. Bake in preheated 375 oven for 10-20 minutes until top begins to brown.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...