Saturday, November 10, 2018

Day 159 and Keto day 18

How is the Keto diet working for me? The weight loss has been great. I’ve lost 11 lbs total in about 2 and a half weeks. I didn’t have any trouble adjusting. There were a few days of mild flu like symptoms but nothing overwhelming. My energy has been hit and miss. It was staying pretty high until I overdid it on our hike a week ago. I pushed myself to muscle exhaustion and I still haven’t fully recovered. I did manage a 24 minute workout yesterday but today, my leg muscles feel weak and shaky again. I do realize that prior to this, I hadn’t really worked out much for over a year, nearly two. I was doing a dance workout but now, even that has become difficult.  I do realize that it takes my older body longer to recover from over exertion but I am not a patient woman. Still, I’m sue it will come. I was telling my friend today that I worry about that after Thanksgiving hike I signed us up for. She encouraged me, saying I would be ready. I’m going to trust her insight and keep pushing through....and try to restrain from pushing too hard. I see the oncologist again in four months and I’m really hoping I show another significant weight loss. I’m also hoping I’ve made significant progress in other areas of my life and work. That’s my plan; fingers crossed that I’m able to pull it off. 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...