Friday, November 9, 2018

Day 158 and Day 17 Keto

Yesterday was another four month check up with my oncologist. I’d thought I’d be going to six month checks but the doc said I have one more four month before switching to six. Oh, well, the good news is, I’m still okay. And the nurse noticed I’d lost weight...12 pounds since my last visit! Happy dance!!!! I’ve lost eight of those on this diet in the last 17 days. 


A funny thing that made me feel good. The nurse didn’t recognize me from my old file photo taken last year. I wouldn’t necessarily think that was a compliment but when she was going through the obligatory questions and asked if I’d gotten the shot for pneumonia, I said, “No, but I probably need to now.” , she looked shocked and asked how old I was. I told her 63 and she told me that shot isn’t required before 65. She added, “I didn’t think you were that old. I thought you were younger.” I asked, “two years younger?” She laughed and said, “No, much younger than that.”  That one sentence made the dreaded trip to the oncologist, worth it. Lol


Here is something I posted to my personal FB page that I want to share with you all. I recently read a list of things that you should do once a month at least. There were suggestions like, lunch with friends, date night and a day without electronic media but I think one day of grace is a wonderful idea, too:


This was part of my daily devotional. I don’t always take the time to read these but these words were much needed right now. The article went on to say, what would happen if we lived one day totally in grace, seeing miracles in every little thing, seeing everything that happened as part of a plan and relishing every tiny blessing? It might be nice to find out. 


“Grace is always with us. It flows like a river through our lives, artfully reminding us that there is magic and power beyond what our eyes can see. At times we catch its subtle beauty, like during chance meetings, near misses, and insights that seem to come from nowhere. Other times we experience grace in all its powerful surety such as when a job or relationship comes to an end. Though we may forget that this is grace at work too, it is indeed influencing our lives, helping us to move forward and take the next step. Grace exists in all situations, in every moment, yet all too often we may overlook its presence”

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...