Monday, October 15, 2018

Lowry Falls








Our first hike was Lowry Falls which is outside of Etowah, TN just inside the national forest. It was rated as easy in my guidebook. First, the trail wasn’t maintained so there were lots of fallen trees to climb over. We saw several very pretty small falls and then we came to a very steep, very rocky section of trail (see photos). I’d worn my Beans which are great for wading through water but too smooth on the bottoms for climbing wet, slick rocks. We finally decided to turn back while I complained about the guidebook’s misrepresentation of the trails difficulty. After we got back to the truck, I read more of the description which said the first section was easy but the last section was very difficult with very little reward at its end. Guess I need to do a little more homework before our next adventure. We then went to Gee Creek which was much more enjoyable. I’ll tell about it and Starr Mountain in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...