Saturday, September 22, 2018

Day 129

It takes 21-29 days to establish a habit and the length of time depends on what expert you ask. I’m on day 2 and as with most day twos, I’m resisting a bit. I blame my lack of morning motivation on my sporadic sleep. If someone were to ask if I’m a morning, afternoon or nighttime person, I’d have to say none of the above. I’m tired all of the time. We’ve talked a lot about finding our joy again. Well that’s nearly impossible when you feel miserable and it seems to take all of your energy to function. It effects every aspect of your life, especially your mood. It’s true, action is the key to happiness but action is difficult when all you want to do is sleep. And when sleep is elusive, it is so difficult to stop chasing it. I spend most of my morning trying to get back to sleep. I’m going to try a new tact, pushing through and doing things I don’t really feel like doing. I will be happier accomplishing something and maybe I’ll push myself to the point of exhaustion where I can’t help but sleep.... and then sleep oblivious to whining dogs, scratching cats and a husband moving around and playing his radio in the next room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...