Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Day 126

I don’t think I’m the only post 60 who worries about their hit and miss memory. This morning I had something happen that gave me a lot of reassurance. Every day, I work one sudoku in an attempt to keep my aging mind sharp. The app I have on my phone has a daily challenge. Usually these are rated medium to hard in difficulty with maybe one easy one a month. You aren’t told the difficulty level until after you solve the game and sometimes, it’s hard to tell medium and hard apart. But, for the first time, I was shocked to see that the game I’d just finished was rated as expert. I’d never attempted an expert game before. I first solved it around 1AM when I couldn’t sleep. I hate when I’m up half or all of the night and then finally get sleepy at 7AM because even if I sleep for only two or three hours, I feel groggy when I wake and it throws off my day. That was what happened today and in a little over an hour since waking up, ive only managed to have breakfast, dress and take the dog out. My brain just didn’t want to wake up. So I decided to attempt that expert sudoku again. For some reason, I’d paid very close attention to the lower left hand corner. It supplied me with three of the nine numbers, 6-3-8, and without hesitation, I filled in the other 6 numbers. I’m not bragging; I’m just shocked that I actually remembered the location of those numbers. So, I can NEVER remember anyone’s name. I’ve embarrassed myself many times because of this. Just this past Sunday, I was telling a story about a very good friend from my past, someone I was extremely close with, and Steve, who’d never actually met her, had to remind me of her name! That’s both embarrassing and worrisome. But, if I can remember the order of a block of numbers from over eight hours ago, I think I can stop worrying so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...