Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Day 72

It’s been five days since I’ve exercised, kept my food diary or actively pursued my new habits. There are several reasons. One,we were putting up hay for several days and I’m the cook. It’s lots of fun and I love the people who help us but it still throws my schedule off and I find, as I age, I’m not as flexible. Two, I started taking a new, very strong OTC med for my allergies/sinus problems. It’s suppose to be taken every twelve hours and also suppose to be non drowsy but I’ve only been taking it at night. It’s helped tremendously with my cough and I’ve been sleeping solidly for six or seven hours a night. I woke up feeling refreshed and thought today would be the day I get back on track. But then,I decided to take a pill this morning. It knocked me out! I don’t even remember going back to bed but I didn’t wake up until noon! ...which was forty-five minutes ago and I still feel groggy. The third reason I’m feeling off today, my dear friend,Valarie, is very sick. She had emergency surgery yesterday and she’s still in critical condition. That puts everything else in perspective. Life is unpredictable. We need to stop taking what is truly important for granted, we need to live each day as fully as possible. I need to remember my initial purpose in starting this blog. It was to improve my life one day at a time by living each day with purpose and presence. I’ve fallen off track but I can easily reset myself. Please say a prayer for my friend’s healing as you go through your day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...