Sunday, June 3, 2018

Day 31

The good news, I’m finally feeling better, my energy level is rising but that doesn’t mean I’ve accomplished much. I made a trip to the grocery store earlier and ran an errand for a friend. I think I have a solution to the problem of finding wood for starting to carve and doing wood sculpture again. I hope that’s going to happen in the next two months. I’m at least closer than I have been in the two years I’ve been saying I was going back to it. One thing holding me back, my old sources for basswood no longer exist. So, after wasting time looking for new suppliers and having zero luck, I thought this morning, why not just use another wood? Sometimes, the obvious is the hardest to see. So, today hasn’t been a total bust and it’s not totally spent but I need to get busy. I have an over flowing sink of dishes waiting on me and chili to prepare for tomorrow. I thankfully will not have to pack Steve’s lunch since it’s hay time. He will start cutting tomorrow and then I’ll have another list of tasks to do. So I’d better take care of today’s tasks today. As for my new determination to lose weight and get in shape, that discussion may have to wait until after this hay crop is baled. Aging seems to have not only taken away my ability to multitask but also my ability to concentrate on more than one problem or task at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...