Friday, June 8, 2018

Days 32-36

It has been too many days since I've posted but I have two good excuses, we are baling our hay and I've not felt at all well. Any tasks accomplished have had to do with hay and feeding the hay crews. I've made several home cooked meals and last night, Costco cooked for us. I went to Costco to pick up water and snacks for them and I also brought home a large Chicken Alfredo, Lasagna and a big spinach salad. I made small sliced garlic breads to go with it. Today, I'm finally feeling better and I hope to get some stuff done on the house that I've been putting off so tonight, they may be getting pizza. They are young and love pizza so it's always a winner. If the salad holds up, we'll have that, too. I have realized over the past few days just how much I need to lose weight and get in shape. I know both of those areas are contributing to my problems with the heat. All the others have been working out in the hot sun. I just moved the metal table down to the shade and carried out all of the food on Wednesday night and I seriously nearly had heat stroke. I started feeling sick to my stomach but kept pushing through until I had put everything out but the dishes and then I suddenly felt very weak, my legs started shaking, my head was spinning, I was sweating profusely and my heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest because it was beating so hard. I had to lie down and Steve, bless him, came and got the plates and brought me a water. I had another episode yesterday when I was loading my groceries into the truck at Costco. It doesn't help that everything, especially the water, is super-sized there. The good news though is that I'm feeling much better today. For the first time in weeks, I woke up feeling rested and I didn't get up a dozen times during the night. So, here's hoping today, I get everything I have planned done....wouldn't that be nice? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...