Friday, May 27, 2022

September 3, 2021

Okay, got some worrisome news today. You may recall my doctor being concerned about my kidney function. He wanted me to super hydrate for two weeks and then have a series of tests run today. My ultrasound showed a severely swollen right kidney. There is something blocking the kidney or the urinary tract but they don’t think it’s a stone. I’ll get the results of blood tests tomorrow and I’m supposed to consult with a urologist next week. Yes, I have to admit this threw me for a loop especially seeing the concern on my doctor’s face as he viewed the images but I’m trying not to worry until I actually know what’s going on. The silver lining to this, it gives a reason for so many off and on symptoms I’ve dealt with for a long time. I’ve felt so guilty for long time periods that I got little done because I felt so bad. I’ve never felt it was sickness unless I was throwing up or felt near death. I thought I was just a failure when I gave in to fatigue and pain. So, now, knowing there is a cause, I have hope to actually feeling better and being more consistent with my energy levels. So, that’s what I’m choosing to focus on. Still, I’d appreciate your prayers and good vibes. 😊💕

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...