Sunday, April 7, 2019

Hiking Group

Plan on starting the hiking group again. My post from this morning:


To all members of the Over the Hill Hikers and those who would like to join: it’s been awhile; when we first formed this group back in 2016, we planned to hike together at least once a month. Circumstances intervened however, several members had health issues and surgeries, me included and hikes were put on hold for a long time. I think I’m finally ready to start hiking again. Steve and I have taken several hikes over the past few months to scout out locations for us. Many members have continued to hike on their own and with other groups. They can probably offer better insight than I can on future hikes and I’d appreciate their input. But I think it’s time we started hiking again. The weather is beautiful and the trails are calling. We’ve had a few hikers who’ve relocated, Karen and Steve Conner moved out of state and we will miss them. We’ve lost a few of the original members who planned to hike with us but never got the chance. In honor of them, we should make every effort to get back out there and relish this beautiful area in which we live.  There is a bounty of amazing natural wonder surrounding us, we need to enjoy it. So I’m posting this on my own Facebook page as well as in the group because I want to recruit new members. If you’d like to join us on our next hike, please let me know. I’ll add you to the group and we can start planning that next hike together. And despite the name, we are not age discriminate. All ages are welcome.  Just know some of us might move a bit slower but we’re just enjoying the scenery. 🌿

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...