Thursday, February 14, 2019

The Fall

The daily health challenge today was to do ten lunges. I think I have that handled. I have a session with Josh this afternoon so I’m sure we will do plenty of these only harder because I’ll be standing on a platform and then stepping back to touch my knee to the floor. It can feel like torture but it’s getting results so I don’t complain...much. 

I took a fall yesterday and I’m sore today and a bit concerned how that will affect my workout. The fall was actually ironic since I was driving an older friend of mine who uses a walker and I’m constantly concerned she will fall because she has before. But I had her safely buckled into my truck when I slipped off the curb while putting her walker in the truck bed. I fell sideways into the side of the truck. I twisted my ankle, banged my hip, elbow and shoulder but the worst damage was to my left wrist which was mashed between the truck, the walker and me. It was nearly two hours before I got home and was able to put ice on it but it does feel and look better today. Fingers crossed that I don’t have to use it much today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...