Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Changes

Still need to check those days to know exactly where I’m at with both the diet and the year of change. I know I have lost weight and my body is changing for the better. I know have have been making positive changes and my life is improving.....but.....

I’ve been having moments of anxiety and sadness. 

I’ve been through two weeks of an emotional roller coaster with a sick cat. He’s now a week post surgery and doing well but the emotional upheaval goes on as he’s reached the, “I’m feeling better so I’m turning into bored, constantly crying and demanding grumpy cat” stage. 

I was feeling better about getting my disaster of a house fixed up because of a pact that my friend Ginny came up with where we take day about helping each other with our projects. It’s a genius idea because it not only gets those chores that take an extra pair of hands taken care of but also motivates me to move forward and get more done. 

Then I let some unkind remarks from someone, I hadn’t seen in forty plus years and barely knew then, steal my happy buzz. 

The day after that happened, I was sitting in my therapist’s waiting room and reading a magazine article on happiness. It said that we are programmed to hold onto those negative remarks because of our ancient ancestors’ need to be aware of danger. So, I decided then and there to forget the embarrassment and hurt I’d felt the day before because of hurtful remarks from a stranger and concentrate instead on kind and loving words from several friends in recent days. Those should hold far more importance. 

When I later talked to my therapist and told her of my week which had been emotionally exhausting but still contained many blessings, she told me that any change, any deviation from our usual schedule, good or bad, brings on stress and the sadness and anxiety I’m feeling had to do with that stress. So I’m hoping, I can get back on my schedule soon or at least create and adjust to a new schedule. I think I’m not built to handle too much excitement in my life. Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...