Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Keto Diet

Day 142
Yes, I do realize that I’ve been skipping weeks at a time. First it was because I hurt my back and then, a urinary tract infection. I’m sure that was more information than you wanted to know but I did go to the doctor yesterday and hopefully, I’m on the road to recovery. I talked with my doctor about starting a keto diet. For those who don’t know what that is, the simple answer is, it’s a low carb, moderate protein and high fat diet. I know, that goes against everything we’ve been taught about diet and nutrition especially where losing weight is concerned. But this diet is not only suppose to allow you to lose a lot of weight in a short time but it also helps to make you healthier. The idea is, instead of getting your energy from sugars which are turned into glucose by the pancreas, your energy comes from ketones produced by the liver. Yeah, it doesn’t seem logical to me either but it evidently works and it also heals a lot of what ails you. I have a friend who has lost 26 pounds in 36 days. As with trying to establish healthier habits over the last four months, my primary goal is improving my overall health not weight loss but they do go hand in hand. I’m trying my first Keto breakfast in a few minutes. I’ll let you know later how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...