Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Day One Again?

I need your help with a decision. I feel I’ve made tremendous progress in the past 100 plus days. I’ve made major strides in self awareness and insight into why I behave the way I do. I think, with the discovery of the power of habits, I’ve finally found the key to making this work and gaining the life I want to have. I finally felt I was getting a handle on my life, discarding what I didn’t need and uncovering the joy I’d lost. My triumphs have been small but they felt like major strides in rebuilding my self esteem, my sense of self, my purpose. I was really beginning to feel good about myself. I was beginning to have hope again, hope and belief that I could have my life back. Then, I hurt my back, I stopped sleeping and it felt like this tenuous platform I’d started building began to crumble and fall.  It’s been three weeks of feeling like I’m treading water and slowly sinking down under the flood. I keep grasping at those habits but they’ve drifted farther away. I’m now back at zero. I’m not wanting to give up; I’m wanting to start over. 

So help me decide.  I could keep struggling at day one hundred and what ever this is or I can start fresh today at day one. I know I’ll have an advantage with the knowledge I’ve already gained but I feel like that will just give me a better sense of direction, kind of a jumpstart. So, please weigh in with your opinions. Am I giving in to a few minor hurdles or am I just regrouping so my next steps, my next building blocks are sturdier, surer and less likely to send me tumbling down? Enough yes votes and this will be my fresh start, day one on my year of change, progress, purpose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...