Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Postscript...


I posted the following in response to many kind and supportive comments I received on today's post where I'd said I was disappointed in myself:
Thank you all for the support. I am struggling but change is hard and I think I've learned a lot especially about myself over the last month. Sometimes the hardest part is changing your own mind. I'm sorting out what isn't working in my life but it's hard to let go of those old habits and attitudes. This hasn't been a great month for weight loss but I think I have grown tremendously. I'm not giving up. And I'm aware that this probably won't be the only rough patch on this journey but I'm trying to make long term changes in my health and life. My therapist read me a quote this week, "Action doesn't necessarily lead to happiness but there is no happiness without action." She also gave me home work. lol She wants me to take action over the next month and accomplish ONE goal. That ONE part is going to be the hardest for me because the goal I'm thinking of is going to have a lot of small steps or goals that I'll need to do to get to the big goal. I don't know if that's actually following the rules of the assignment or not. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...