Thursday, August 23, 2018

Day 107....Insomnia

The habits are my actions now. And since it’s my anniversary and easy to remember, I’m saying I started them on the 22nd, that’s yesterday-August 22 just in case you are reading this at a later date. 


It’s 9:00 AM and I’m just starting my day. No, that’s misleading. I started my day at 1:30 AM and I was feeling peppy at 3:00 AM when Steve got up. I should have done my exercise then but thought I’d do it after I ate breakfast which took an hour to get around to because I was checking email and FB. And once I’d eaten, I thought I should let my food settled for an hour so I wouldn’t get nauseous. Long story short, I fell asleep before that hour was up and woke up again thirty minutes ago. I just had my mid morning snack so I could drink a mug of coffee, can’t drink anything but water without food which is why I drink so much water. None of the things I had planned for this morning are done. Just getting up at my normal time of 5:00 AM, I had planned to exercise, shower, work/play with the horses, walk the dog, do two loads of laundry and be well on my way to having the kitchen clean and a bunch of vegetables, for eating raw, washed and cut up. Instead, I’m still in my pjs at 9:30 and Steve is coming home early because we are cutting hay again. 


The bottom line is, I need to stay asleep during the designated hours. I take melatonin which helps me to get to sleep but I seem to wake up around 1:00 every night. It is frustrating and I could list a variety of reasons, my irritating cough that no med seems to help, my cat that thinks I’m his bed and who doesn’t help the cough and my tiny bladder and the water I take the pills with that help lessen my coughing and help me to get to sleep. There is no easy answer so I think I should just start planning my day around my “new normal.” If I’m going to make up for those three lost hours by sleeping from six to nine every day, I’m going to have to say, my day starts at nine not five. The unproductive time is between one and three, which irks me but I still keep hoping to go back to sleep so I stay in bed. Maybe I can get up and do something and then go back to bed at five? Yeah, that would work. I’ll just turn the ringer off on my phone so no normal people will bother me. Lol😁

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...