Monday, July 23, 2018

Day 77

I feel great today! I think my body is finally well and I’m trying to get back on track with establishing those new healthy habits. 

I had my coaching call with Velma today. We had a great discussion. She told me that she’s watched me not only get healthier over the last month but also grow emotionally. We discussed how different this process is now compared with thirty years ago but we didn’t talk about those negative differences brought on with age. We talked about positive changes. The entire reason for making these healthy changes is a positive one. Instead of losing weight because of what others think of me like I did when I was younger, I’m working to claim my own power, improving myself to improve my life and letting go of those negative motivators from the past. I’m learning patience, which has never been one of my virtues. I’m wiser now and know myself and my body better and I know this is going to take small steps and time but I’m building a new life for myself as well as a new body. I’m getting stronger and I’m reclaiming my power. And I’m not only accepting that I’m 62, I’m darn proud of those years and how much they’ve taught me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...