Sunday, May 27, 2018

Days 23 & 24

The turmoil and clutter of my life overwhelms me with its magnitude. It is the reason I no longer feel I have time to waste on illness or enjoyment. I know feeling that way is very wrong but this has moved beyond not being able to see the forest for the trees. So, I become frustrated when anything disrupts the momentum of repair that I keep trying to build up. Yes, I need to clear out, throw away, give away, lighten my load but I also feel that there are things that need doing first before I do that. And then, there is also the fact that I place value, whether sentimental or real, where it does not belong. For instance, I do not need credit card receipts in triplicate from credit cards paid off years ago and income tax long forgotten. But I hold on to it all. Sometimes, I appreciate my pack rat ways, as when I come across a birthday card from a long deceased friend. But really, how often does that happen compared with the mountains of stuff I've kept over the years. More often, I come across something and know it was a gift but have no memory of who gave it to me.
So, today, I'm feeling better and determined to dedicate the next two days to freeing myself from some of the clutter in my life. Well, that and finding out where I packed away Steve's summer work shirts that he keeps asking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...