Monday, May 28, 2018

Day 25

Not a very productive day but I have plans and much hope for the rest of the week. I'm still feeling so weak. Is this a side effect of the antibiotic or left over from the steroids? I'm leaning toward the latter since I'm also so shaky. It's like the shakiness and weakness you get when you've gone too long without eating but I'm not doing that. lol So, all that whining aside, I have accomplished something and I've planned out the rest of the week so that I can finally get started on the master bedroom by next week...if we aren't in hay. If we are, I'm okay with tacking on another week to get started but I am so anxious to get back in our original bedroom. It's been so long now that I can't remember the original reason for our move. I know that Steve wanted to turn it into a den at one time and then I decided it would make the perfect studio space (it would have) but now, I've decided that we do actually need more than bed space in a bedroom. I'm planning on having lots of storage in the room and a more organized closet. Besides painting and repairing damaged walls and woodwork...cats...and painting the floors....also a cat problem, I will be painting three pieces of furniture that I already have (our old dresser, a large armoire cabinet meant for a TV but I'm re-backing it and using it for linens and the "hope" chest my mom gave me before my marriage that was damaged when a fan fell on it close to forty years ago.) I also hope to eventually add a bench for the foot of the bed and a new bedside table that I have my eye on but for now, the old table (that will eventually go into the living room) will do. About the floors, they need painting before any flooring goes down because of the cat (pee) damage....what can I say, I love the nasty little buggers. Right now, we are undecided on what type of flooring we will put down. So, I'm attempting to paint all through the house like faux aged and painted wood. I'll post photos whether the results are good or bad. I started this process in the bathroom a month ago and didn't get to finish because Steve, who was suppose to be working all night on a special assignment, came home early. Since then, it's been one interruption after another but that is one of the "to do's" on my list for this week.
Yes, I'm very ambitious but I'm determined. Our home has not been a home for a long time. I'm determined to remedy that. Like the saying goes, I'm starting to live the life I imagine....or at least the one I use to have, only better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...