Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Day 140

Over a third of the way through this time table I set for myself. Have I made the progress I expected to make by now? The answer is no. Does that mean I should lower my expectations? Again, the answer is no. Should I instead celebrate the progress I have made? The answer is definitely, yes. 


I do think my expectations, at the start, were not only unrealistic but misdirected. I haven’t lost sixty pounds of fat but I have let go of so much emotional baggage that I feel sixty pounds lighter. I’ve lightened my burden so that the journey forward will be easier. I’ve washed away all of that hurt and resentment that was clouding my vision and now my direction is clearer. I’ve let go of the guilt, grief and regret that was holding me back. So, I’ve only lost thirteen pounds in the last four months but I’ve gained wisdom, insight, direction. I’m starting to see possibilities instead of problems. 


Getting ready to walk the dog, feed the horses and start my day. I’ll take my pills, brush and floss, exercise and put that food diary off for another day....give me a break, five out of six ain’t bad. Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...