Monday, October 1, 2018

Day 138

I’m going to try to get back to the original purpose of this page. That doesn’t mean I’m not still going to soul search.  That has been one of the most healing aspects of this whole journey and has helped me to grow and to gain clarity and direction. But I’ve lost track,over the last few weeks...maybe the last month?....,of my original goal, to establish healthy habits. So, here is my report for Monday, October 1:


Weight: down 2.6 lbs


Habit 1, drink water on rising....only if coffee counts. 


Habit 2, exercise....not so far today and certainly not yesterday but I have been walking the dog a mile or two each day. 


Habit 3, take pills as scheduled....yay, I got one!


Habit 4, keep food diary...no but I am trying to be aware of what I eat and why I eat. 


Habit 5, add more fruits and vegetables to my diet....yes and will be even more once I prepare all the goodies I bought at the farmers market this weekend for easy, grab and go eating. 


Habit 6, brush teeth after every meal...well, I’ve only had one meal today but there’s a chance I might actually do this today. I have my six month check at the dentist tomorrow so let’s hope that usual once a day was enough. 


Habit 7, accomplish something with the house....have plans to do some cleaning, decluttering and prepping for painting and repairs today. The rest of the last week was hit and miss on this. 


I think that’s it. No, I didn’t accomplish as much as I’d hoped to do seven days ago but I’m beginning to accept I’m human. I’m learning to be more lenient with myself, not expect so much and celebrate every little step of progress. That in itself, is a great habit to have. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...