Thursday, July 5, 2018

Day 63


I am so over these antibiotics! I had my four month check up with the oncologist today. Everything looked good and he said, when I hit the two year month next Spring, my checkups will be six months apart. So, “Yay!” for that but the shopping I’d planned for afterwards was postponed. I started feeling sick before I left the house. When I was sitting there waiting on the doc, I broke out in a cold sweat and not for the usual reason of having to have that dreaded gynecological exam. I started home and my stomach was cramping so badly I could hardly drive. No, I’m not sick again, it’s these darn pills. I’m just over it. Five more days. I don’t know whether to celebrate or cry. Like my favorite Katharine Hepburn quote, “Today is not a good day to ask for details.” One little triumph, I did get in my 20 minute workout this morning. I smartly did it right after taking the pill. Their effects are like clockwork, it takes an hour before I start feeling sick and three more before they rally start beating up on me. I’m sorry to whine so much. I’m very grateful that this is because of the pills I’ll stop soon and not the norm. But I think all of us need at least one feel sorry for me day every few months and this is mine. 😆 

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...