Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Day 54

Habits


I finished my three consecutive days of exercise and I’m happy to say, I upped the initial 8 minutes required to 14.5 today. Doesn’t seem like a lot to most people and I could probably do more but I’m building a habit here, not trying to break records. So tomorrow, I’ll add a minute or two more and get to discover a new song on VEVO’s workout playlist. 


I expected to get another habit challenge today but instead, I was told to work the next 21 days setting these three in stone: drink water first thing, eat a high protein breakfast and light exercise. I may be struggling the first fourteen days as I take these antibiotics because they are to be taken on an empty stomach at least an hour before you eat. I took it this morning at 5:00 and that hours wait made me a bit queasy. I ate after an hour had passed and drank my water but it was lunch time before I exercised. So, my schedule will be thrown off a bit, at least until my body adjusts. 


Steve keeps telling me to weigh only once a week. I know that’s wise but my weight yo-yo’s so that I’m always afraid I’ll weigh on a high day. Lol yesterday morning, I’d lost two pounds and this morning, I’d gained it back with interest. No change in my calorie intake so I guess it has to be water weight but it’s still disappointing. The first time I tried to lose weight, I actually weighed in at my goal weight now but I thought I was fat. I started dieting and started an exercise program and in the first two weeks, I dropped fourteen pounds! I would think the fact I weigh so much now would make it easier to lose but it doesn’t. That two pounds, I thought I’d lost last week, keeps holding on for dear life. It would be easy to get discouraged and that’s why I’m concentrating on changing habits as my goal not weight loss. I’m succeeding the stuffing out of establishing these habits and I’m hoping lasting weight loss will be a nice side benefit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

November 27, 2021 Medical friends, a question. I know I’m an impatient patient but where should I be 18 days post surgery? I’ve done more t...